The summer months are always a crazy time here at OVO! For July of this year, our Weatherization Program was busy out in the field, inspecting, repairing, and weatherizing homes, while the weather was nice. Energy Assistance was in full swing for our Summer Cooling Program, handing out air conditioners and helping with electric bills for cooling costs. Our Head Start Program was recruiting children and families for our upcoming school year and preparing our classrooms for students. Our Section 8 Program was helping incoming clients find and secure housing with their new vouchers. Here are some of the great successes we had during the month of July:
- Melanie Harrell, our Head Start Director, passed the requirements to be a Certified Community Action Professional (CCAP)! She is the first for OVO!
- Ashley Stoner in our Head Start Program passed and received her CDL Permit!
- Section 8 housed 9 new families during the month!
- OVO was selected to be part of Indiana’s assessment for Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) practices!
- Hollly Grimm with our Head Start Program passed the CDL Written Test!
- Roger passed the Lead Inspector recertification test!
- We received a special visit from Melanie Douglas from Senator Donnelly’s office! We were able to give her some great updates and information on what’s happening here at OVO.
- A very special thank you to the Madison Area Chamber of Commerce for helping us to save almost $400 in postage for the Energy Assistance Summer Cooling Program mailing!
Great job, and let’s keep those successes going!