The month of August seemed to fly by here at OVO! Much of the month was spent preparing for the upcoming Head Start school year and for the Energy Assistance Winter Program. Here are some of the great successes we had during the month of August:
- A very special thank you to Scott B. in North Vernon for volunteering to install an air conditioning unit in Nettie K’s home. Nettie is an Energy Assistance client who is elderly and has a breathing condition. She was approved for an air conditioner for her home, but she had no way to install it. On a Friday afternoon with temperatures expected to exceed 90 degrees over the weekend, Scott volunteered his time, went to her home, and got her a/c up and running! You’re a lifesaver, Scott!
- BJ passed all requirements for and received his Lead Assessor License!
- Section 8 housed 4 new families and pulled 9 more from the waiting list during the month!
- Head Start was ready to begin the new school year with full staffing! Thank you to Jamie, our Human Resources Director, for working diligently to find new talent for our Head Start Centers!
- Our Weatherization Program received an additional $15,000 for our Healthy Homes Program in order to provide minor home rehabilitation to assist deferred homes in accessing weatherization services.
- Holly Toler and Erin Vernon got their CDL permits!
- We’ve helped a total of 52 at-risk families get a window air conditioning unit in their home!
Great job, and let’s keep those successes going!