June was an incredibly busy month here at OVO. Check out some of the highlights from the month:
- We had our annual audit closeout in June with great results! We had zero findings, and we continue to be designated as a low-risk auditee!
- We wrapped up a great Head Start school year! Congratulations to our children, families, and staff!
- We were selected as a 2016 Scott County Community Foundation Grant Awardee! This grant will allow us to update classroom equipment in our Scott County Head Start Center!
- We had staff appreciation days in each of our counties to celebrate the end of the school year!
- Energy Assistance clients will be receiving an additional $145 toward their heating bill as part of the Winter Program and will be receiving $75 toward their electric bill for the Summer Cooling Program!
- Congratulations to Roger for passing his recertification as a Heating Technician!
- Congratulations to Debbie on her retirement after 14 years with OVO!
- Great job to our staff and community members who participated in the annual Head Start Self Assessment!
- We pulled 24 families from the Section 8 Waiting lists!
- Ashley at our Scott County Head Start Center earned her Child Development Associate Credential!
- Congratulations and thank you to Melanie Harrell, our Head Start Director, for 20 years of service to OVO!
- Our Section 8 Program was selected to pilot the new Biennial Inspection Program!
Thank you so much to our excellent staff for making these accomplishments a reality every day! Thank you to our Board for providing the expertise and guidance to direct our organization! And thank you to the community for giving us the valuable support that keeps us moving forward!