October was a beautiful month here in Southern Indiana and brought with it some wonderful things to celebrate here at OVO. Here are some of the great successes we had during the month of October:
- On October 7, for the first time in over a decade, OVO was able to host an Annual Meeting and Appreciation Dinner for Staff and our Board of Directors! We were pleased to have Mayor Graham of Scottsburg as our keynote speaker for the evening to discuss poverty conditions in our community and OVO’s impact. We were also able to recognize all staff for their dedication and years of service to OVO. We also celebrated three employees with over 25 YEARS of service: Sharon McCoy (Center Director at our Madison Head Start Center), Toni Foist (Center Director at our Jennings County Head Start Center), and Regina Aldridge (Nutrition Specialist at our Scott County Head Start Center). These ladies received a well deserved standing ovation and were each presented an award of recognition.
- Our Fiscal team are rockstars! We were the second agency in the state to submit closeout documentation for the Weatherization and Energy Assistance programs that ended on September 30th.
- ISU Insurance & Investment Group has donated $100 to support our Giving Tuesday Campaign!
- Energy Assistance was able to restore heating service for Marshall and his family!
- We sold 349 tickets at our booth at this year’s Soup, Stew, Chili & Brew Festival in Madison! The sale of these tickets will be donated to our agency to support our mission.
- Kiddos in our Jennings County Head Start classes learned about Body Safety from Sergeant Terry Hall with the Indiana State Police!
We were so glad to have a month like this October to take the time to really celebrate the accomplishments we make throughout the year and the incredible staff and Board Directors who make this work possible!