As each November rolls around, here at OVO we like to take the time to reflect on the many wonderful things we have to be thankful for. We are thankful for our staff, real life superheroes saving and changing lives every day. We are thankful for our Board of Directors, who selflessly volunteer their time and talents in guiding this agency. We are thankful for the generosity of the community that we serve and the individuals, families, and businesses that support OVO and the work we do. We are thankful for another success-filled month and all of the amazing work we were able to accomplish throughout November. Here are some of the great successes we had during the month of November:
• River Terrance Health Campus graciously donated the proceeds from their Soup, Stew, Chili, and Brew Festival booth to OVO!
• Thanks to our Head Start program, a student will receive medical treatment that will greatly improve their quality of life!
• Since our Energy Assistance Program kicked off November 1st, staff have processed 1,385 applications! From now until the end of the program in May, we will be providing households with assistance with their heating and electric bills!
• The Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) pulled 45 names from the waiting lists! As always, we are thrilled at the opportunity to help new families secure safe and affordable housing!
• Energy Assistance Program helped to restore heating services to Jerry and his family!
• Susan Cicenas, Enrollment Coordinator, and Michelle Grossen, Family Support Specialist for our Madison Center, attended a luncheon hosted by RSVP of Jefferson County.
• We currently have 293 families housed through our Housing Choice Voucher Program!
Here at OVO, we are so proud of our accomplishments and the life-changing work we are able to do in the communities we love so much! Go OVO!