It was a beautiful February here in Southern Indiana! Our Energy Assistance Program marches on! We have processed just under 2,000 applications for this winter! Our Section 8 Program was excited to open our Scott County Waiting List! We look forward to working our way through that list and housing these new families. Weatherization continues to love this unseasonably warm weather and have been finishing houses at a remarkable pace! Head Start classes are in session, and our students are learning and growing under the great tutelage of our amazing Center staff. This 70 degree weather has meant our students have been able to get some much needed outside play. Here are some of the great successes we had during the month of February:
- Thank you to i105.3 WMPI in Scottsburg and 95.3 WIKI in Madison for having OVO on the air! WMPI let us record a Public Service Announcement about the Winter Energy Assistance Program to play during the news update segments. WIKI invited us on to the morning show with Larry Duke to talk about the program as well.
- The Section 8 Waiting List for Scott County was open for 1 week in February, and we accepted 160 applications for the list!
- Congratulations to Michele Hopper, our Head Start CLASS Mentor Coach, who was selected as the table helper for the Conscious Discipline Summer Institute. The training will take place in July in Orlando. As a table helper, Michele will receive a scholarship to attend the conference!
- The Section 8 Program housed 3 new families!
- Our Energy Assistance Program was awarded $85,125 to serve additional families with help towards their heating and electric bills!
- Congratulations to Ashley Stoner, a Head Start Teacher, who made the Dean’s List! She is continuing her studies in Early Childhood Education.
We’ve got some exciting news coming up in the next month, so check back to hear about new successes and new programming we’ll be offering soon here at OVO!