We have started off 2018 with a bang! It has been an incredible month here at OVO, filled with good news and great accomplishments. Here are some of the great successes we had during the month of February:
- Sarah Hollihan, our Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Program Inspector, has passed her Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Certification Testing! One of our goals with the Section 8 Program is to ensure that our families are living in secure, safe, and comfortable homes. As part of selecting a place to live when using a Section 8 voucher, every home must go through a detailed inspection by an HQS certified inspector. Now that Sarah has become certified, she will now be able to conduct these inspections for our clients and ensure that they are living in quality housing.
- Head Start received a PERFECT Bus Inspection conducted by the Indiana State Police! Getting kids safely to and from school is one of our top priorities! We love hearing that we are meeting the highest levels of safety for our buses.
- Our Weatherization Program had incredible results from our field monitoring. Our Weatherization Program is monitored each year on both our program administration as well as the work completed on client’s homes. Our monitoring report had ZERO findings! Great job to our Weatherization staff for always delivering exceptional quality and superior service!
- Construction is complete on the new classroom at our Jennings County Head Start Center! Last year, our Head Start Program was awarded additional funding in order to increase instructional hours for many of the children enrolled in the program. As part of this amazing funding opportunity, we were able to expand two of our Centers by adding an additional classroom at each location in order to support these extended classroom hours. The new classroom at our Jennings County Center is now ready to go, and construction is nearing completion on the new classroom at our Scott County Center.
- We had a great visit with representatives from another Community Action Agency this month! Here at OVO, we are incredibly lucky to have amazing, highly trained, and knowledgeable staff who are leaders in their respective fields. Recently, we have been able to provide training to staff from other Community Action Agencies from around the state of Indiana on best practices in both the Housing Choice Voucher Section 8 Program and the Weatherization Assistance Program. We are so pleased for the opportunity to share our expertise and to be recognized as one of the top performers in the region.
- We received several great thank you letters this month from highly satisfied clients! Featured on our Success Board this month were letters from 2 families whose homes were weatherized by OVO. We love receiving positive feedback from the folks that we serve!