Ohio Valley Opportunities Head Start Program has outstanding career opportunities available for early childhood professionals that are enthusiastic about making a positive impact in the lives of preschoolers. Full-time and part-time Center Assistant positions are now available in our Jefferson, Jennings and Scott County centers. $14.00 per hour. These positions require a high school diploma or GED. Prefer an individual with experience working with families and children. Some of the job duties include:
- Help assess the child’s growth daily through collecting observation notes, gathering work samples, and planning activities that meet their needs.
- Adhere to all Personnel Policies, Head Start Program Performance Standards, Program Policies and Procedures and Indiana Childcare Licensing Regulations.
- Fill in and/or assist the Cook with food preparation and/or kitchen duties.
- Assist with daily classroom activities as determined by the Teaching Team (i.e. tooth brushing, bathroom, outdoor play, filling backpacks, etc.)
- Assist with maintaining child and family records at the Center level.
- Cooperates with all Staff in a professional manner, including timely completion of appropriate paperwork.
- Assists with cleaning duties as determined by the Teaching Team.
- Responsible for the safety of all children while in programming.
- Maintain an open, friendly, and informative relationship with each family that encourages their participation and is culturally sensitive to individual ethnicities
- Must be flexible and willing to adjust work hours and deemed necessary to accommodate families, program activities and/or training.
- Advocate for early childhood education through ensuring quality services to children, families and the community. Be a liaison for the company and program within the community.
- Ensure sufficient and proper supervision of all children at the site at all times.
- Work collaboratively with all staff to provide for the needs of the children in compliance with Head Start Performance Standards.
- Seek and take opportunities to improve knowledge and job competence.
- Provide a good role model for young children – physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially
- Display a positive attitude in classroom management, using a calm, quiet voice for directing and redirecting children’s activities.
Along with a competitive salary, these positions offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: 401(k) (up to a 5% match), health insurance (90% paid by OVO), $40,000 of life insurance policies, paid holidays and generous Earn Leave Time. OVO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider.Apply Browse More Jobs