Here at OVO, we are starting a new tradition by instating a “Celebrating Success” Board here at our office. As good things happen, we post them on this board for all to see. At the end of the month, we’ll snap a picture and share here on our blog! Then, the board is wiped clean and ready for a new month full of great news and events! This May was the beginning of Celebrating Success, and here is the rundown for the month:
- Four of our Head Start staff earned their degree in Early Childhood Education. Great job Lynn, Nickie, Barbie, and Amanda!
- Our Section 8 Program received a 20 out of 20 on our most recent monitoring for the fourth year in a row!
- Seven of our Head Start staff were newly certified or recertified as CLASS Observers! Good work Tammi, Becky, Michele, Jen, Sarah, Sharon, and Toni!
- Crystal, Gary, and Roy were able to sign leases under the Housing Choice Voucher Program and move into a home!
- Two of our Head Start staff, Tammi and Jen, participated in a Scott County Preschool Round Table community event!
- Our Weatherization Vans are now a great outreach effort into the community with their new decals!
- Ralph had utility service restored after disconnection with help from our Energy Assistance Program!
- Staff participation in our company provided 401(k) program has increased to 90%!
- Head Start received a Delta Dental Grant for staff training and materials to implement a new dental hygiene program!
- OVO was one of four agencies in the state to be invited to participate in a Weatherization Round Table!
- With the end of the Winter Program, we were able to serve a total of 2,050 households throughout the season with Energy Assistance!
- A former Project JOULES participant went on her first college tour!
Here at OVO, we are so proud of our accomplishments and the life-changing work we are able to do in the communities we love so much!