The last month of winter flew by here at OVO! Mild weather and good news kept us moving forward through the month.
- Through the Emergency Repair and Replace Program, we were able to replace 20 furnaces for low-income households and repair two furnaces!
- Our Weatherization Assistance Program received an additional $30,000 in State Liheap funds in order to provide minor home rehabilitation to assist deferred homes in accessing weatherization services.
- Congratulations to Alicia Gramlich, Head Start Teacher Assistant/Bus Driver at our Hanover (J2) Center, on earing her CDL license!
- Energy Assistance has provided assistance with the high cost of home heating to over 2,500 households this program year!
- Congratulations to Nickie Nolan, Head Start Mentor Coach, on passing the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) certification test! CLASS is used in our Head Start Program to evaluate teacher and student interactions and to ensure our program is meeting the highest quality standards in our classrooms.
- Because of great teamwork between Head Start and Energy Assistance Program staff, a Head Start family was able to have their furnace replaced!
- Our Madison (J1) Head Start Center hosted a Jefferson County Enrollment Round-up! Families were able to sign their child up for our free preschool and meet with lots of great community resources! We’d also like to thanks Jordan Bear at WORX and Larry Duke at WIKI for having on air to talk about our event!
Here at OVO, we are so proud of our accomplishments and the life-changing work we are able to do in the communities we love so much! Go OVO! Be sure to check back with us next month! 00000