OVO Head Start Preschool is looking for food service professionals who are reliable and enthusiastic about making a positive impact in the lives of preschoolers. These positions cook and prepare meals for children daily according to healthy guidelines and ensures that our preschoolers receive healthy portions and tasty meals. WE provide the menus, YOU provide the love and care to put it on the plate. A Full-time Cook position is now available at our Scottsburg Head Start Center. A high school diploma or GED is required. Experience in nutrition/food services preferred. Some of the duties include:
- Responsible for preparing meals based on menus which meet government standards for nutrition.
- Provide access to and serve meals to all persons regardless of race, sex, age, or disability.
- Maintain up to date inventory of all food items that are purchased and used as well as an inventory of all kitchen supplies, utensils, dishes, etc.
- Maintain program menu and meal requirements each week for all meals.
- Make Health and Nutrition Services Coordinator aware of supplies/food prior to running low.
- Keep records of foods/supplies bought to send to main office to CACFP reimbursement.
- Keep daily records of all meals served and submit timely, neat and accurate documentation and reports.
- Time not spent in the actual preparation of meals will be used for menu planning, cleaning, grocery shopping and working with center staff on the nutritional component.
- Facilitate involvement of children in activities related to meal services, special cooking experiences (setting table, etc.) with assistance from center staff.
- Post evidence of compliance for food services operations including all required forms.
- Insure confidentiality of information about enrolled children and their families.
OVO has mandated the Covid-19 vaccine, accommodations considered. OVO is an equal opportunity employer and provider.Apply Browse More Jobs