Ohio Valley Opportunities Head Start program is seeking an individual to fill the Mental Health Assistant position. Under supervision of the Mental Health and Special Needs Coordinator, this position is responsible for assisting in the behavior management process to support each child’s individual growth and school readiness. The Mental Health Assistant will also assist in coaching the education staff while increasing positive outcomes for children. $18.50 per hour. A high school diploma or equivalent required, prefer a minimum of an Associate’s Degree. Experience in the mental health field required.
Some of the job duties include:
- Fills in as needed in Preschool classroom of children ages 3-5.
- Provides hands-on support to classrooms and children with challenging behaviors.
- Implements and trains staff on OVO Head Start’s chosen Social-Emotional curriculum and follows all established child discipline policies.
- Support staff through implementation and follow-up of individualized behavior management plans to support children’s success in the classroom.
- Aid in ongoing staff coaching process.
- Schedule and conduct weekly site visits.
- Participate in ongoing communication with staff, families, parents, third-party mental health providers, and community partners.
- Maintain child and family confidentiality.
- Utilize program databases to accurately track child and family information.
- Attend all assigned training and meetings and other opportunities for professional growth.
OVO is an equal opportunity employer and provider.Apply Browse More Jobs