Ohio Valley Opportunities is offering an outstanding career opportunity as the Head Start Director. This position will provide leadership and direction to our Head Start Program in Jefferson, Jennings and Scott Counties. A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required with experience in the supervision of staff, fiscal management and administration. A Master’s Degree in Business Management, Leadership or a related field is preferred. The ideal candidate will have experience in grant development, program planning and interpreting and implementing Federal, State and local regulations. Exceptional written and verbal communication, time management and organization skills a must. Along with a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: 401(k) (up to a 5% match), health insurance (90% paid by OVO), $40,000 of life insurance policies, 13 paid holidays and generous Earn Leave Time. Some of the duties for this position include:
- Monitor all Head Start program operations, activities and services, including all staff who are responsible for the provision of services and administration of all program areas.
- Develop and implement program goals, objectives, lead annual self-evaluation process, incorporate results in a program improvement plan.
- Prepare grant application and budget for review by Head Start Policy Council, Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Develop effective system and procedures to assure coordination of services and efficient program operation.
- Maintain full compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Serve as an advocate for the Head Start program; promote public relations by serving on local committees and participating in community activities that are designed to benefit the communities served.
- Ensure the utilization of and coordination with all local community resources; work toward collaborative efforts with all agencies providing services to families and children.
OVO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider.Apply Browse More Jobs