OVO Head Start Preschool is looking for a food service professional that is reliable and enthusiastic about making a positive impact in the lives of preschoolers. This position cooks and prepares meals for children daily according to healthy guidelines and ensures that our preschoolers receive healthy portions and tasty meals. WE provide the menus, YOU provide the love and care to put it on the plate. A full-time Cook position is now available in our Scottsburg Head Start Center. $15.84 per hour. A high school diploma or GED is required. Experience in nutrition/food services preferred. Some of the job duties include:
- Responsible for preparing meals based on menus which meet government standards for nutrition.
- Provide access to and serve meals to all persons regardless of race, sex, age, or disability.
- Maintain up to date inventory of all food items that are purchased and used as well as an inventory of all kitchen supplies, utensils, dishes, etc.
- Make Health and Nutrition Services Coordinator aware of supplies/food prior to running low.
- Keep records of foods/supplies bought to send to main office to CACFP reimbursement.
- Keep daily records of all meals served and submit timely, neat and accurate documentation and reports.
- Time not spent in the actual preparation of meals will be used for menu planning, cleaning, grocery shopping and working with center staff on the nutritional component.
- Facilitate involvement of children in activities related to meal services, special cooking experiences (setting table, etc.) with assistance from center staff.
- Post evidence of compliance for food services operations including all required forms.
- Insure confidentiality of information about enrolled children and their families.
- Cooperate with all staff in a professional manner.
- Participate in on the job training and specialized workshops when possible.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings and center/classroom meetings
- Adhere to all Personnel Policies, Head Start Performance Standards, the Strategic Plan, the Policy and Procedure Manual, and the Written Plan.
OVO is an equal opportunity employer and provider.Apply Browse More Jobs