Energy Assistance Program

About Energy Assistance

OVO’s Energy Assistance Program helps low-income Hoosiers meet the high cost of home heating and cooling.  We provide over 2,400 households each year with assistance in paying gas and electric bills and purchasing wood, propane, and other bulk fuels.  We coordinate multiple funding resources such as the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Duke Energy CFL, Duke Helping Hands, and Jackson County REMC Share the Watt to maximize the benefit provided to residents.  OVO also provides Energy Education to participants to teach them ways in which to increase energy efficiency within their homes and decrease their energy costs.  OVO endeavors to prevent utility disconnection, to restore services after disconnection, and to provide emergency vouchers to vendors for out-of-fuel households.  Our goal is that all residents in our community are able to enjoy adequate heating and cooling throughout the year.
OVO provides all of its services without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, or status as a veteran.

To be eligible for Energy Assistance, you must meet the following gross income guidelines:

# In HouseholdMONTHLYANNUAL (150%)
add member$517.50$6,210

In order to apply for Energy Assistance, you will need to complete and submit our application.  We are currently not accepting new applications.  After July 3rd, you may apply for Energy Assistance in the following ways:

1. Download the application here.

2. Call the office at (812) 265-5882 or toll free (877) 282-5882 to schedule an appointment or request an application be mailed to you.

3. Pick-up an application at our Administration Office (425 Walnut Street, Madison, Indiana) or one of our Head Start Centers: the Scott County Center (1172 Community Way, Scottsburg) or the Jennings County Center (3040 North Highway 3, North Vernon).

Completed applications may be returned by 1) mail to P.O. Box 625, Madison, IN 47250; 2) drop off at our Administration Office; or 3) fax to (812) 273-2604.